Thursday, October 26, 2006

The anticipated "October surprise?"

I've been waiting for something, to which I've become accustomed, to occur in October that would serve as a catalyst to energize the Republicans' rural base. And lo and behold, today's New York Times blares, "G.O.P. Moves Fast to Reignite Issue of Gay Marriage " (based on the N.J. Supreme Court ruling today that gays are people too.)

No surprises here, but with a raging, failing war in Iraq, public corruption at unprecedented levels, a ballooning debt completely out of control, Republican hubris and arrogance that defy believability, and a public that seems to be screaming out for reasons to tune all of this out so that they can vote for the corrupt party that the self-appointed evangelical leadership have told them is the right one to choose according to God, with a blindly clear conscience -- I still find it surreal. It appears that the star in the heavens that guides Karl Rove and his immoral political strategy (and ultimately points to the depths of hell, as he'll discover someday), has shown in the night sky brightly once again. I hope I'm wrong but I fear I'm not. I don't know if it is time to throw in the towel yet or not, but I'm furious, and damn close to doing just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment